Sunday, December 31, 2006

Gearing Up For India

Tripod bivy sack from Bibler erected in my mothers livingroom

Gearing up for our India expedition. Went to the REI garage sale, a members only sale of used/returned and slightly damaged equipment and clothes. Scored a Bibler bivy sack, something I really wished I had in South America, especially Patagonia. Was $99, down from $270. Not bad. If I bought it new, I would have bought a slightly smaller, slightly lighter mini-tent but can't complain for less than a hundred clams.

Also bought what they call "convertible" pants: light weight, quick dry pants that have zippers in the legs that turn them into shorts. My sister and brother-in-law also bought me a pair of these for Christmas so I have two pair. They are kinda dorky but they save on space in the backpack and save on weight. Learned a lot about what to bring and what not to bring on our South American trip. Hope I will be much lighter this time.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Mark Ristaino said...

thanks for posting this morgan. Let's keep an online discussion going right here.

How's the video production from the old movies coming along?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home