Friday, January 19, 2007

This Week in Kathmandu :: Episode II

For the week ending on the 20th of January 2007, this is, This Week in Kathmandu:
Buddha sits, sadhu leans
The remaining photos are from the Tibetan Reception (Refugee) Center. This was my last full week, as my volunteer time ends on Tuesday the 23rd. There have been a flurry of kids leaving this past week for Dharamsaala, to start their new lives at the Tibetan government in exile. Four busses have left this week, with some of my favorite kids on board. I've been clicking like crazy at the Art Refuge, trying to capture every moment before I leave on Tuesday. Here's this week's top pics:
the brother-sister duo with the most appearances on This Week in Kathmandu
check out this sketch of the Dalai Lama that this guy drew at the Art Refuge. Impressive, isn't it.
a newbie who just arrived at the TRC shows off her latest artwork.
these girls (one is the sister in the photo two shots above) arrived at different times at the TRC, but they've been pretty much inseperable. They rank in my top 5 favorite Tibetans of all time, bumping His Holiness the Dalai Lama to number 6.
i'm tall
These kids are receptive to anything artistic, including shamelessly plugging Global Transmission. Of course they're kids, so sometimes things go wrong on the set, such as the props being upside down.
These two sisters are also in the Top 5 Tibetan list. They left for Dharamsaala on Tuesday, much to my sadness. But before they left I gave them my business card, and told them to first learn English, then learn to use the internet, email me, and then read the mantras of the Global Transmission blog religiously.



Speaking of reading religiously, Dónde está Ché Pelotas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home