Friday, August 15, 2008

Leaving Norway

I'm not going to write about how expensive this country is. I think I pretty much covered that in the last blog entry. But since then, nothing has changed. It's still f*ng expensive.
I leave Scandinavia tomorrow, but I did manage to get up into the mountains for some hiking and taking in the alpine scenery. Unfortunately the weather was shite most of the time with rain and clouds, but somehow I managed to avoid getting wet while doing a two day trek. I stayed in huts run by the Norwegian Mountain Something (called DNT), and they're similar to the Colorado Mountain Hut system in guess which state, or the refugios that you find in Patagonia in Argentina. But can you believe it cost $40 a night for a measly dorm bed? Or that meals cost $20 each?!? Oye vay, I'm bitching about price again. Needless to say, I lived on bread cheese and tomato sandwiches. I'm becoming manorexic.
Anyway, here are some photos of the trip. They're not that great due to flat light and general travel exhaustion. But hey, what better things do you have to do right now.
Sheep and lake in Jotunheimen National Park
Gjende lake
Lake on top of lake on top of lake is the Norway norm. If you look at a map of Norway, it looks like it just rained and left puddles on the map since the entire country is lake after lake after fjord after lake after fjord.
Introducing reindeers Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, blah blah blah blah, no Rudolph
Sun came out long enough to capture the turqoise color of Gjende Lake
However, the DNT lodges were kept real nice, warm and cozy. The showers were hot and there was even a sauna. The most interesting thing I noticed though, were the toilet seats. They look more like basketball rims than seats. Overall, the Norwegians are tall, but not so gigantic as to have 22” rim seats. It made me curious since when I go to the bathroom, I usually throw down slam dunks. I wonder if Norwegians take jump shots. I was also concerned that if an eight year old used it, they might drown.

He's toilet seat is a 360 tomahawk jam,Dónde está Che Pelotas?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home